Bad Viking and The Curse of the Mushroom King Bad Viking and The Curse of the Mushroom King

Great graphics, great story. However, so much of what needed to be done was counter intuitive to the point where it was nearly impossible to guess, and getting things right was the result of clicking around randomly and not really thinking things through. It would've been nice if there was some sort of guidance, even if indirect, like with dialogue from other characters to tell you things like how there's a worm in the log, or how the painter would need to paint your egg, or how Red likes chocolate muffins. These could've easily been included to give the player at least the slightest notion of what's expected of them.

105.2 105.2

Everyone seems to be giving very negative reviews - message not clear, not quite a game. The latter is easily explained just by the fact that this goes into a different genre (many games really don't offer than many options or much interaction, like games that had great success where you just clicked or press enter to go through dialogue, but did little else).

In terms of the message being unclear, I have to disagree. There was a very clear correlation between the monotony of his job and noise, something which even starts to bug the player. Even if you want to try and be "nice", in the end, you feel like your only option is to end up shooting people. To me, that's the very idea - that even something that seems trivial like monotony can drive someone crazy, drive them to seek something different, even if they have options in terms of doing other things (the yo-yo, the guitar). You get to feel that, to feel the noise and monotony driving you to a choice you know isn't ideal just to see something different happen.

Great game overall.

Makros Superpos Makros Superpos

What an excellent game! I did come to notice over time that there really was some sort of logic, and I loved trying to figure it out. The graphics look great, and you really get drawn in to the gameplay. It took me awhile to get the allusion haha but when I did I thought it was absolutely genius. You were able to put together a very philosophical kind of concept and gameplay that's still workable and interesting to the player. Congratulations!